- Registering to Vote
Registering to Vote
Voter Registration Requirements
Persons planning to vote in a City of North Salt Lake election must meet the following requirements:
- Citizen of the United States
- Resident of Utah for at least 30 days immediately before the election
- At least 18 years old on the day of the election
- At least 17 years old for some primary elections if you will be 18 prior to the associated General Election
- Reside in the voting district or precinct in which the person applies to register to vote
Re-Registering to Vote
It is necessary to re-register to vote in the following instances:
- Changing your name
- Moving place of residence (even if moving within the same county, city, or voting precinct)
- Registering with a political party or changing your party affiliation
- Mail-In Voter Registration Forms must be postmarked 30 days prior to an election.
In-Person Registration Deadline:
- You may register to vote in person at the County Clerk's office up to 7 days before the day of election.
Online Voter Registration
- You may register online up to 7 days before the day of election with a valid Utah driver's license. register to vote online.
Voters who miss the Registration Deadline may vote provisionally in-person on Election Day
- Plan for some extra time at the polling location to fill out paper work, and bring with you Proof of Identify and Proof of Residency.
- Provisional ID Requirements