NOTICE OF PLANNING COMMISSION VACANCY
(2 vacant seats)
The City of North Salt Lake is accepting applications for consideration for appointment to fill 2 unexpired terms on the City Planning Commission, expiring on January 1, 2024 (remaining 2 years of a 4 year term) and January 1, 2025 (remaining 3 years of a 4 year term).
Interested residents of North Salt Lake are invited to submit an application of interest, cover letter and resume, or other information that indicates general professional experience and background to the Community Development Director, Sherrie Pace prior to 5:00 p.m. on Monday, January 10th , 2022.
Applications may be obtained on the city website: Commission Application, via email firstname.lastname@example.org or at City Hall, 10 East Center St., North Salt Lake. Additional information regarding the appointment can be obtained by telephone at
Planning Commission Responsibility
Utah Code §10-9a-302(6) requires planning commissioners to attend annual training (1 hour) on the general powers and duties of the planning commission (which must be completed prior to participation at a public meeting) and an additional 3 hours of annual land use training.
The duties of the Planning Commission include:
- Preparing and recommending a general plan and amendments to the plan to the City Council for approval;
- Recommending zoning ordinances, zoning districts and maps, and amendments to the zoning ordinance and maps to the City Council for adoption;
- Administering the regulations of the zoning ordinance and grant specific approvals or waivers as provided in the zoning ordinance;
- Reviewing subdivision applications, regulations and amendments;
- Reviewing and approving land conditional use permits; and
- Making special studies at the request of elected officials and scheduling programs, work sessions or field trips to consider policies and recommendations.
Public Meeting RecordsPublic Hearing Notices