Planning Commission Responsibility
Utah Code §10-9a-302(6) requires planning commissioners to attend annual training (1 hour) on the general powers and duties of the planning commission (which must be completed prior to participation at a public meeting) and an additional 3 hours of annual land use training.
The duties of the Planning Commission include:
- Preparing and recommending a general plan and amendments to the plan to the City Council for approval;
- Recommending zoning ordinances, zoning districts and maps, and amendments to the zoning ordinance and maps to the City Council for adoption;
- Administering the regulations of the zoning ordinance and grant specific approvals or waivers as provided in the zoning ordinance;
- Reviewing subdivision applications, regulations and amendments;
- Reviewing and approving land conditional use permits; and
- Making special studies at the request of elected officials and scheduling programs, work sessions or field trips to consider policies and recommendations.
Public Meeting RecordsPublic Hearing Notices