LANE SPLIT BEGINS TONIGHT!
April 27, 2018
The following contains important information about upcoming changes to traffic patterns on I-215. Please review closely.
- The I-215/Legacy Highway split will be moved to 1800 North beginning TONIGHT, Friday, April 27, on northbound Interstate I-215. The split will stretch from approximately 1800 North to the Redwood Road interchange. To accommodate installation of the lane split, northbound I-215 will be reduced to one northbound lane Friday night, April 27, at 7 p.m. This lane split is designed to minimize traffic delays by allowing crews to replace cracked and chipping concrete without completely closing this important section of interstate highway while keeping four traffic lanes open during the daytime. Those desiring access to Legacy Parkway will remain in the left lanes, those continuing on I-215 will utilize the right lanes. Plan ahead to ensure correct routing. Large trucks prohibited on Legacy Highway. This lane split configuration will be in place approximately 120 days.
- Beginning Saturday night, April 28, southbound I-215 lanes will be reduced to one lane approaching the Redwood Road interchange. Southbound Legacy highway will experience outside shoulder closures. Southbound traffic will be split from the I-215/Legacy merge through 1800 North. Expect delays. This configuration will be in place approximately 120 days.
Watch for construction vehicles entering and exiting the roadway
- Northbound Redwood Road, from Recreation Way to I-215, narrowed to one lane.
- Watch for shifting lanes on Redwood Road from I-215 northward to Center Street for widening, drainage installation and utility work. Two southbound lanes and one northbound lane will remain open with occasional single southbound lane closures during non-peak hours.
- Business access at signed locations.
- No U-Turns allowed between I-215 and Center Street.
- For the safety of the traveling public and construction workers, speed limits have been reduced in the construction zone. Fines double. Thank you for reducing speeds.
Severe congestion is anticipated. Please watch for backing traffic to avoid rear end collisions. Those with time-sensitive travel should consider alternate routes.
Work will take place during daytime and nighttime hours.
Schedules may change due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances.