Orchard Community Garden
About the Garden
*UPDATE: We still have plots available. We ask that you abide by the CDC Social Distancing rules and wear gloves and masks at all times working in and around the garden area and garden shed.
Orchard Community Garden is a beautification and community-building project in the City of North Salt Lake. Our mission is to continue fostering community relationships through sustainable agriculture and shared education.
The garden includes twenty larger plots (8x4) and six smaller plots (4x4). Each plot is watered by an automatic drip system. The water supply is maintained by the City, but each plot user must maintain their own drip system. The water will be turned on each year beginning April 15th.
Each plot user is responsible for maintaining their plot, preparing the soil, planting, weeding, and end-of-season cleanup.
Find us on Facebook!
Cost for each Large plot:
- $20.00 per year for residents of the City of North Salt Lake
- $30.00 per year for non-residents
Cost for each Small (1/2) plot:
- $10.00 per year for residents
- $15.00 per year for non-residents
- First, residents who have rented plots in prior years and are current on their reservation fee and have paid the plot fee by April 1st, ranked by seniority.
- Second, residents who have not rented in the immediate prior season but who have applied for a plot and paid the required fee after April 1st of each year.
- Third, non- residents who have rented plots in prior years, are current on their reservation fee, and have paid the plot fee by April 15th, ranked by seniority.
- Fourth, non- residents who have not rented in the immediate prior season but who have applied for a plot and paid the required fee before April 15th.
Please make your reservation now for a community garden plot over the phone with Deena @
Community Garden Coordinator:
- Volunteers are always welcome to help with landscaping and beautifying our community garden.
- Teach A Class - If you have an interest in gardening, lawn care or a related topic and would like to share that information with others, let us know. Classes need to be limited to less than an hour. Master Gardeners welcome.
- Contact Lorna: email@example.com or call 801-631-3218